Friday 21 August 2015

Capsule Hotel

Buried alive 
So funny that after the posh hotel in Mt Fuji that I ended up enjoying the Capsule Hotel about ten times as much. It basically cost about £20 each and was a tiny little box, but in the box was a TV and wifi and even better, I was ALONE for the first time in aaages. Not only that but the hotel had brilliant showers kitted out with shampoo and body wash and the bathroom bit had disposable toothbrushes and more potions and you got slippers and cool Kung Fu trainee type pajamas that all the other girls looked really chic in.

[As a quick aside, I have to say that all the girls here are very beautiful and tiny and stylish. It is nice, but I have basically felt like a giant the whole time I've been here, I am not the slightest of women anyway so I have felt sort of podgy especially with some of the puddings we've been eating. If I eat badly I basically put on a stone in about a week, which has happened here I think. I am sort of looking forward to home cooked food and going running again]

I had a shower for about an hour and then tiptoed through the corridors of pods until I found mine again (we were in a girls only section, it was very quiet and nice). It sort of felt like being buried alive but in a good way, if that's possible. And I had a really good night's sleep! Flo was next door to me and looked very cute in her pajamas, look:

The prisoner

Our bedrooms 

Beatrix Kiddo
I would really like to stay in a Capsule Hotel again, it was really easy and clean- no fuss or fixed meal times and you are right in the city centre too. London should get some, especially at airports- they would be so useful. Verdict ***** another win for Tokyo!

No comments:

Post a Comment