Sunday 9 August 2015

Honest Island


After Hiroshima we went to Naoshima, a magical island 

An amazing cloud fountain at the Port in Uno 

Flo is very excited

I was actually excited. And we saw jellyfish!

Where we stayed had a pet turtle

Owner of pet turtle, most kawaii boy ever 

There was loads of weird art on the island and architecture too

See

It also had enormous apples 

We went to a very nice cafe

And saw this shrine. I nearly got killed by a Cicada

It was unbelievably hot. I have never been this hot in my whole life

Luckily we found a very odd cafe, on a hill in the middle of nowhere

No one was there, not even the owner when we walked in 

And there were hundreds of cats, I'm not even exaggerating. Here is the nicest one

Probably the best poster you will ever see

This butterfly was MASSIVE

'Oh wait, look!' ~ Dan, every 5 seconds

We found a beach and went swimming, it was glorious

We realised after a while that it might have been a private beach for rich people

But that didn't stop Dan and Flo fighting with sticks

Then the sun went down and it was like a sort of heaven

Look, it was gorgeous

I was making high pitched girl noises at this point

More art 

It also just so happened that there was a festival on by the beach!

With fireworks and Japanese drummers and hot dogs and also 'Cocktail Partner'

Here is that cute boy again, the next day. It is hard to express how nice he was

More lovely art

Look

I also saw a giant Japanese hornet! It was huge and very scary

Moomin girls

Even barriers are nice in Japan

This sculpture in Uno has a narwhal on it, not sure if you can see it

All in all we had a lovely time in Naoshima, tune in next time for KYOTO where I am writing this! ~Emma









1 comment:

  1. I'm so relieved you got to swim in the middle of all that heat! I was beginning to feel hot just reading about it. The coast looks gorgeous.
    Mad xx

    ReplyDelete