Sunday 16 August 2015

Oblig Nara pics

DAN

I took so many pictures of Nara that I had to post some of them.

The storm drains are really nicely decorated, the symbol in the middle is that of Nara.
Each city has it's own symbol
The deer seem to put up with nearly anything
New friends! 
Even repeatedly tapping your knuckles on their head doesn't elicit a response
"Just give me the damned cookie already"
Dangerous animals 
One of Buddha's bodyguards
Buddha's house
Lighting incense
Flo just crawled out of Buddha's nostril.  Seven years good luck! 
There he is!
Massive place
This is what Buddha thinks of your problems

Another bodyguard. Reminds me of the manga "Gantz"
Deer attack
Friendly deer everywhere
The view from the small temple
Emma and I attempted a romantic picture before Flo could attack
Sunset
Some kind of night butterfly (not a moth!)
Cool lanterns
As we walked back there were thousands of Lanterns in the darkness

1 comment: